Multiple times on Christmas Day I had several people in a variety of contexts share the same Scripture with me:
Over the last week, I’ve been pondering this Scripture & asking God to give me His insight for it at this time, as well as what He’s leading me (& our church) into & towards in 2023…
- I still DON’T have a clear plan for the whole year.
- I DON’T completely know or understand how God is working the Ecclesiastes 3 Scripture above into me.
- I DO know that God has confirmed Joni & I are where we are supposed to be – in Reno, doing what we’re doing, pursuing Him, leading Hillside, & helping to care for our Area Pastors.
- I DO know that there are ebbs & flows; times & seasons for ALL of God’s purposes in/for/through/around me. And you.
- I DO know that He is at work – some days it feels like my soul is being roto-tilled, & I’m being jack-hammered at the deepest part of my being… not for punishment, but as a preparation for the new life, new planting, new construction, new creation God is working in me.
- I DO know that it isn’t pleasant – it hurts, it is uncomfortable, & it is, at times, a struggle.
- I DO know that whatever God’s ‘end game’ for this time & season will be GOOD – it will work for my good & for His glory.
I DON’T know exactly what times & seasons you are facing, but I DO know that God is working it for your good & for His glory. Embrace it – whether its a season ending or beginning. Whether you’re going through it with mourning, tears, & pain, or you’re celebrating with shouts of joy & thanksgiving.