While in Germany, we got on the topic of severe overcrowding at church – a situation that can cause the pastor to get sent to the pokey if not resolved… a suggestion was made that a way to deal with overcrowding was to ask people not to come to church anymore. Seriously.
After I picked my jaw up off the floor, I got to thinking… this could be a great blog topic… so here we go: what are the “Top 10 Ways To Get Someone To Stop Coming To Church?” I’ve listed a few to get you going…
TOP 10 WAYS TO GET SOMEONE TO STOP COMING TO CHURCH
1. Foster a “Dead animal smell” in the sanctuary.
2. Put large pad-locks on every cabinet and every door.
3. Make fun of people that show up late.
4. Draw all kinds of awkward attention to visitors.
5. Lock the front door of church exactly at church starting time.
6. Make sure the nursery is filthy & that last weeks diapers remain in the garbage all week.
I’ll be waiting for one or two of your suggestions with baited breath.